Melissa A. Mattingly
Public parking close to the department is available as follows:
- A multi-level covered Halsted St. Parking lot on the NE corner of Taylor & Halsted streets
- A large outside Lot 5C on the NE corner of Roosevelt & Morgan
Driving from the North
Take 90/94 South (Kennedy Expressway) to the Taylor Street/Roosevelt Ave, Exit 1290. Keep to the right and turn right immediately onto Taylor Street. The entrance to the parking garage will be immediately to your right.
Driving from the South
Take 90/94 North (Dan Ryan Expressway). Pass to the far right lane and take the Roosevelt Road exit. Stay in the far right lane and pass Roosevelt Ave. Turn left onto Taylor Street. The entrance to the parking garage will be to your right.
Driving from the West
Take 290 E. (Eisenhower Expressway) to 90/94 South (Dan Ryan Expressway). Immediately get off onto Taylor Street/Roosevelt Ave, the first exit. Remain right and proceed right at the light onto Taylor Street. The entrance to the parking garage will be immediately to your right.
Driving from the East
In the Loop area, take Harrison Street or Roosevelt Road. Proceed west and turn left onto Halsted Street.
Using Public transportation
Subway (or the L): The CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) Blue Line has a stop at UIC-Halsted. For taking the Blue line to the department, exit the subway car at the UIC-Halsted stop (it will be above ground in between the expressway), walk east up the ramp (towards the “Sears” tower) to Halsted street, then proceed south on Halsted street to Taylor street (approximately an 11 minute walk). The department is located on the south-west corner of Halsted and Taylor. You can, of course, also use other exits (i.e. walk west instead of east) from the UIC-Halsted stop and walk south directly through the campus.
CTA buses: Public transit close to the SES building is available by several CTA buses including the following:
- #8-Halsted (North “Halsted & Taylor” and South “Halsted & Taylor” stops)
- #12-Roosevelt (East “Roosevelt & Halsted” and West “Roosevelt & Halsted” stops)
- #18-16th/18th (East “Roosevelt & Halsted” and West “Halsted & Roosevelt” stops)
- #157-Streeterville/Taylor ( West “Taylor & Halsted” and East “900 W Taylor” stops)