Olga Evdokimov, PhD
Professor and Co-Director of Undergraduate Studies
Building & Room:
845 West Taylor St.
Office Phone Voice:
Dr. Evdokimov specializes in High Energy Nuclear Physics. She majored in theoretical physics and applied computing for high-energy physics, working towards her PhD at the Laboratory for High Energy Physics at Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (Dubna, Russia). After receiving her PhD from Ivanovo State University in 1999, she started post-doctoral appointment at Purdue University, studying possible formation and properties of quark-gluon plasma at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at the Brookhaven National Laboratory. In 2001 she was appointed research scientist at Purdue University. Professor Evdokimov has joined UIC in 2005. She has ongoing projects in experimental study of nuclear matter under extreme conditions with STAR (Solenoidal Tracker At RHIC) experiment. Her physics interests include collision dynamics, particle production mechanisms and jet-medium interactions at RHIC energies. Professor Evdokimov currently holds Deputy Spokesperson position in STAR.
- Spectra of identified high-pT pions and (anti)protons in Cu+Cu collisions at 200 GeV. STAR Collaboration (B.I. Abelev et al.), Phys. Rev. C81:054907, 2010.
- Systematic Measurements of Identified Particle Spectra in pp, d+Au and Au+Au Collisions from STAR. STAR Collaboration (B.I. Abelev et al.), Phys. Rev. C79:034909, 2009.
- Back-to-back di-jet triggered multi-hadron correlations as medium probes in STAR. STAR Collaboration (Olga Barannikova for the collaboration), J.Phys. G35:104086, 2008.
- Jet quenching measurements at RHIC. Olga Barannikova, Braz. J. Phys.37:851-854, 2007.
- Identified baryon and meson distributions at large transverse momenta from Au+Au collisions at 200 GeV. STAR Collaboration (B.I. Abelev et al.), Phys. Rev. Lett.97:152301, 2006.
MS, Physics (1996), Ivanovo State University, Ivanovo, Russia
PhD, Physical & Mathematical Sciences (1999), Ivanovo State University, Ivanovo, Russia