Henrik Aratyn, PhD
Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; and Professor
Building & Room:
601 S Morgan St.
Office Phone Voice:
Dr. Henrik Aratyn works in the fields of Theoretical Particle Physics and Mathematical Physics. He holds a Ph.D. degree in Physics from the Niels Bohr Institute (1984). He joined the UIC Faculty in 1987 after 3 years as Postdoctoral Researcher at the Hebrew University and the Ohio State University. During 1994-1999 he was the Chairperson of the Department's Educational Policy Committee. His current scientific interests include: Kadomtsev-Petviashvili hierarchies of the soliton equations, the affine Lie algebraic methods and the dressing techniques, (3+1)-dimensional integrable theories and Hopfions (static, soliton solutions with non-zero Hopf topological +charges), Toda field theory, topological charges, Skyrme model, BRS techniques and quantization, methods for constrained systems, supersymmetry, nonlinear dynamical systems, conformal field theory and W-algebra, Yang-Baxter equations, Knot theory. H. Aratyn has co-edited two books on the topics of integrable models and is in the process of editing Proceedings of the Nato Advanced Resaearch Workshop organized in the summer 2000 at UIC.
- Editor (w. A.S. Sorin) of “ Integrable Hierarchies and Modern Physics Theories” Proceedings of the Advanced Research Workshop, UIC, July 2000, Kulwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2001.
- Integrable Structure behind WDVV Equations H. Aratyn and J. Van de Leur contribution to NEEDS 2001 Conference, [arXive:hep-th/0111243]
- H. Aratyn, E. Nissimov and S. Pacheva. “CRM Proceedings and Lecture Notes, vol. 29”, Eds. A. Coley, D. Levi, R. Milson, C. Rogers and P. Winternitz, AMS 2001, pgs. 109-120
- Integrable Hierarchies and Modern Physics Theories” Proceedings of the Advanced Research Workshop, UIC, July 2000, (Eds. H. Aratyn, A.S. Sorin). Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2001 (nlin.si/0012042)
- Solutions to WDVV equations and integrable hierarchies of KP type H. Aratyn and J. Van de Leur preprint [arXiv:hep-th/0104092]
MS, Physics (1980), Niels Bohr Institute
PhD, Physics(1984), Niels Bohr Institute